|Yeast||1 Tablespoon (1 Package)|
|Lukewarm water||7⁄8 Cup (14 tbs)|
|Salad oil||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Flour||2 2⁄3 Cup (42.67 tbs), sifted|
|Italian sausage||1⁄4 Pound|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Dried oregano||1 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Dried basil||1 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Mozzarella cheese||3⁄4 Pound, sliced|
|Flat anchovies||4 Ounce, drained|
1) Preheat the oven to 500° F.
2) Sprinkle the yeast in the lukewarm water to soften.
3) Combine the 1/4 teaspoon salt, oil and the flour, mix well to make a soft dough.
4) On a floured surface, place the dough and knead until elastic and smooth
5) Oil the dough, place in a greased bowl, cover allow to rise in a warm place for about 1 1/2 hours until it doubles in bulk.
6) Meanwhile, core, peel and cut the tomatoes into wedges.
7) Mix with rest of the salt and simmer covered for 10 minutes until very soft, drain well and keep aside.
8) Heat the water and sausage for 5 minutes, drain and cook further until lightly browned, then slice the sausage and keep aside.
9) Apply oil to a 15 x 10 x 1-inch jelly-roll pan.
10) On a floured surface, shape the dough into a ball and roll into a long strip about the size of the pan.
11) Place the dough in the pan, evenly spread over the tomatoes and sprinkle with the oil, basil, pepper and oregano.
12) On the 1/3 dough, arrange the sausage and place the cheese over the 2/3, then place the anchovies on 1/2 the cheese-covered dough.
13) Place the pizza on the lower shelf of the preheated oven and bake for about 15-20 minutes until brown.
14) Slice and serve in a nice plate.