|Active dry yeast||1 Teaspoon|
|Warm water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (105°-115°)|
|Whole wheat flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dried parsley||1 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Tablespoon (For Greasing)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Large, finely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Canned tomatoes||16 Ounce|
|Dried oregano||1 Teaspoon|
|Tomato paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Thinly sliced mushrooms||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chorizo sausage||1⁄2 Pound, thinly sliced|
|Canned asparagus spears||15 Ounce, drained|
|Sliced mozzarella cheese||6 Ounce|
|Dried basil||1 Pinch (For Sprinkling)|
|Parsley||1 Pinch (For Sprinkling)|
|Oregano||1 Pinch (For Sprinkling)|
1) Preheat the oven to 425° or gas mark 7.
2) Take a large baking sheet or 14-inch round pizza pan and grease it.
3) In a small bowl, take warm water and dissolve yeast and keep aside.
4) Take a large bowl and combine the flours to start making the pizza base.
5) Add parsley, basil, salt and pepper to this.
6) Pour the yeast mixture into a well made in the center.
7) Slowly allow the flour mixture to be mixed well with the liquid mixture to form a stiff ball.
8) Take a greased bowl and place the dough in it.
9) Use a plastic wrap to cover and keep aside for 30 minutes in a warm, air-free place for 30 minutes.
10) In the meantime, take a small, heavy-based skillet and start making the topping by heating the oil over a medium flame.
11) Sauté the onion and garlic (if using) in it for 5 minutes until translucent.
12) Add in the tomatoes, oregano and tomato paste.
13) Add salt and pepper to this mixture and mix well.
14) Allow the mixture to reach the boiling point.
15) Lower the flame and boil for 30 minutes, stirring only when needed, till it is thick and reduced.
16) Take off the cover from the risen dough and make a large circle out of it.
17) Press the circle to fit on the greased pan.
18) Cook in the oven for 5-10 minutes.
19) Spoon the tomato sauce over the base.
20) Start topping with mushrooms and sausage slices, continued with the asparagus spears arranged in a spoke fashion.
21) Complete topping with cheese slices and herbs.
22) Bake again for 20-30 minutes until the cheese has all melted and the base is crunchy.
23) Serve at once.