Create A Pizza
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Dry yeast||1⁄4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Warm water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (125Â°-1 30Â°F)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Italian sausage/Ground beef||1⁄2 Pound|
|Pizza sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Assorted vegetables||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), chopped (Such As Mushroom Slices, Chopped Onion Or Chopped Green Bell Pepper)|
|Shredded mozzarella cheese||16 Ounce (2 Cups)|
|Parmesan cheese||1 Ounce, grated|
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Grease a 15-inch round baking stone or sheet with oil and dust with cornmeal. Set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, undissolved yeast, sugar and salt.
4. Stir in water and oil to form a dough.
5. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface
6. Knead with the back of your palm until soft and pliable.
7. Shape into a ball and return to the bowl.
8. Cover bowl and rest dough for 10 minutes.
9. Meanwhile in a skillet, sauté the sausages until lightly browned. Remove onto a platter and set aside.
10. Using flour dusted rolling pin, roll out dough into a 14-inch circle.
11. Transfer pizza base to the baking platter.
12. Smother pizza sauce evenly over the crust leaving 1/4 inch from the edge.
13. Top with sautéed sausage and vegetable toppings.
14. Cover with cheeses.
15. Place in the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes until crust is lightly browned and cheeses have melted.
16. Cut pizza into wedges
17. Serve using a pizza slice onto individual plates at the table.