|Active dry yeast||1 Tablespoon (1 Package)|
|Warm water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), divided (105Â° To 115Â°F)|
|All purpose flour||2 3⁄4 Cup (44 tbs)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Shredded mozzarella cheese||12 Ounce, divided|
|Shredded fontina cheese||8 Ounce|
|Cooked artichoke hearts||8 Ounce, sliced|
|Eggplant||5 Ounce, sliced grilled or sauteed|
|Parmesan cheese||4 Teaspoon, finley grated|
|Oregano||1 Teaspoon, chopped|
1. In a small bowl, stir together the yeast, honey and 1/4 cup of the warm water. Allow to stand for 5 minutes to activate the yeast.
2. 40 minutes before serving time, place a pizza stone in the oven and heat the oven to as hot as possible, 500°F for most ovens.
3. Combine the flour and salt in a mixer fitted with a dough hook or in a large basin.
4. Add the oil, yeast mixture and remaining 1/2 cup water; mix to form a dough.
5. Knead in the mixture or by hand for 5 to 8 minutes to get a soft and elastic dough.
6. Turn the dough onto a floured work surface and knead by hand for another few minutes.
7. Shape the dough into a tight ball and cover with a damp kitchen towel and rest for 30 minutes in a warm area until doubled in size.
8. Divide the dough into 4 equal portions and and shape into tight balls.
9. On a smooth, clean work surface, roll the ball under the palm of your hand until the dough is smooth and firm, about 1 minute.
10. Cover again with a damp towel and let rest for 15 to 20 minutes.
11. Roll each ball into a an 8-inch circle keeping the border a little thicker.
12. Brush the circle with olive oil.
13. Top with 2 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, Fontina cheese, artichokes, eggplant, Parmesan cheese, remaining mozzarella cheese and oregano, dividing evenly.
14. Place the pizzas on the baking stone and bake for 15 to 20 minutes until the bread is browned and the cheese has melted.
15. Remove the pizzas from the oven, slice and serve hot.