A Pizza Teaser
|Refrigerated buttermilk flaky biscuits||12 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), pressed|
|Tomato||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Green bell pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Dried oregano leaves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dried basil leaves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Parmesan cheese||1 Ounce, grated|
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degree F.
2. On a lightly floured work surface, Cut and separate the flaky pastry, horizontally into half to form 20 biscuits.
3. Arrange 6 biscuits, on a round baking tray in a circle, with their edges touching.
4. Arrange remaining biscuits, in similar pattern on the round oven proof platter or tray.
5. Gently press biscuits together with fingers, leaving outside to give a petal effect.
6. Using a pastry brush, grease the biscuits with oil.
7. In a small bowl, combine the garlic, tomato, bell pepper, onion and herbs. Lightly mix.
8. Scatter the topping over the biscuits.
9. Place baking tray in the oven.
10. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until edges pastry is golden brown.
11. Remove from oven and scatter the grated cheese in an even layer.
12. Serve immediately on the same platter.
13. Pull biscuits apart to serve individual portions.
Calories 141 Calories from Fat 68
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.6%
Saturated Fat 1.9 g9.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1.9 mg0.6%
Sodium 368.9 mg15.4%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g4.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.94 g3.8%
Sugars 3.5 g
Protein 4 g7.2%
Vitamin A 2.5% Vitamin C 7.6%
Calcium 6.5% Iron 4.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet