|Active dry yeast||1⁄4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Lukewarm water||1 2⁄3 Cup (26.67 tbs) (95-105Â°F)|
|Flour||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|For tomato sauce|
|Finely chopped onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Canned low sodium tomatoes||32 Ounce, chopped (Undrained, 2 Cans, 16 Ounce Each)|
|Low sodium tomato paste||6 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Dried oregano||4 Teaspoon|
|Dried sweet basil||2 Teaspoon|
|Low sodium low fat cheese||8 Ounce|
|Chopped green onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh mushrooms||1⁄4 Pound, chopped|
|Chopped green pepper||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lean ground beef/Low sodium homemade sausage browned and drained||1 Pound (Very Lean)|
1. Dissolve yeast in lukewarm water in a bowl. Add oil and stir in flour. Turn onto lightly floured board and knead until smooth. Place dough in an oiled bowl, turning once to coat the surface.
2. Let rise until double in bulk, about 90 minutes. At this point dough can be punched down, refrigerated for a day or two, or frozen for future use.
3. Punch down and knead again for a few minutes.
4. Divide dough in half and pat into two oiled round 14-inch pizza pans.
5. Add tomato sauce (instructions below) and topping ingredients.
6. Bake in a preheated 400 F oven 20-25 minutes.
Sauce (prepare while dough is rising)
1. Saute onion in oil until soft and tender. Add garlic and cook 2 minutes more. Add remaining ingredients and simmer uncovered for 60 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Remove bay leaf. If a smoother sauce is desired, puree or put mixture through a sieve.