Pizza Pork Pielets
|Active dry yeast||1⁄4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Warm water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (Very Warm)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Sifted all purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Canned pizza sauce||10 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Diced cooked pork||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Mozzarella cheese/Pizza cheese||6 Ounce, diced (1 Package)|
1. Dissolve yeast in very warm water in medium-size bowl; stir in vegetable oil; beat in the flour and salt.
2. Turn out onto lightly floured pastry cloth or board and knead 10 times.
3. Place the dough in a greased, medium-size bowl and cover with clean towel; let rise in warm place, away from draft, 30 minutes.
4. Punch the dough down and roll out, half at a time, to 18x12-inch rectangles, on lightly floured pastry cloth or board; cut each rectangle into six 6-inch squares.
5. Stir pizza sauce into diced meat and cheese in medium-size bowl. Spoon about 2 tablespoons onto half of each square; fold dough over to make a triangle; press the edges together firmly with a fork to seal. Press tops down lightly to spread filling evenly, then prick with a fork to let steam escape; place on greased cooky sheet.
6. Bake in hot oven (425°) 15 minutes, or until golden-brown.
7. Serve hot, plain, or with additional heated pizza sauce to spoon over, if you wish.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2346 Calories from Fat 885
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 100 g153.7%
Saturated Fat 37.4 g187%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 283.8 mg94.6%
Sodium 4777.6 mg199.1%
Total Carbohydrates 236 g78.6%
Dietary Fiber 13.9 g55.6%
Sugars 14.4 g
Protein 122 g243.5%
Vitamin A 60.8% Vitamin C 53.4%
Calcium 106.1% Iron 89.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet