|Eggplant||6 Ounce, cut crosswise into four 1/2 inch thick round slices|
|Frozen egg substitute||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), thawed|
|Garlic powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Plain dried bread crumbs||3 Tablespoon|
|Yellow cornmeal||3⁄4 Ounce, uncooked (2 tablespoons)|
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Provolone cheese slices||2 (4 slices, 1/2 ounce each)|
|Thin pimento strip||2 Tablespoon, drained (julienne cut, matchstick pieces)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||2 Teaspoon|
1. On paper towels arrange eggplant slices in a single layer; sprinkle both sides of each eggplant slice with salt and let stand for 10 minutes.
2. In small mixing bowl combine egg substitute, 1/2 teaspoon water, and the garlic powder and, using a fork, beat until combined. On sheet of wax paper combine bread crumbs and cornmeal.
3. Pat eggplant dry. Dip each eggplant slice in egg substitute mixture, then in crumb mixture, coating both sides and using all of egg substitute and crumb mixtures.
4. In 10-inch nonstick skillet heat oil; add eggplant slices and cook over medium-high heat, until golden, 7 minutes on each side (being careful not to burn crumb mixture).
5. Preheat broiler. Arrange eggplant slices on broiler pan. Top each eggplant slice with 1 slice Provolone cheese, 1/4 of the pimiento, and 1/4 of the Parmesan cheese. Broil until cheeses are golden, about 2 minutes.