Buffalo Mozzarella, Avocado, Thyme & Potato Pizzas with Chili Oil
|For the pizza|
|New potatoes||500 Gram|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Grated pecorino/Mature cheddar||100 Gram|
|Thyme||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|For the dough|
|Strong bread flour||500 Gram|
|Dry yeast||7 Gram (1 Sachet)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Hass avocado||2 , sliced|
|Rocket||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chilli oil||1 Teaspoon|
1) Pre-heat the oven to 220C, or the highest temperature your oven will go.
2) Start the yeast by using ¼ of the warm water, and ½ the sugar and the yeast. Mix well and set aside for 5-10 minutes until you see the yeast going frothy in the water.
3) In a mixing bowl sift the flour, salt and remaining sugar together.
4) Whisk in the frothy yeast, olive oil and remaining water and then knead together with your hands to bring the dough together.
5) On a floured surface, knead the dough until smooth and elastic, this will take about five minutes. Place in a lightly oiled bowl covered with cling film to rise until doubled in size (about an hour).
6) Scrub the potatoes clean and simmer until tender in boiling, salted water. Cool slightly and then slice into thin rounds.
7) Punch down the dough and on a lightly floured surface and divide into 6 balls of dough. Roll them out as thinly as you can (less than half a centimetre if possible) and then transfer them to pre-heated baking sheets.
8) Drizzle each pizza with a little olive oil, and then top with torn up bits of the mozzarella. Scatter over the potato slices, the thyme and pecorino.
9) Cook right at the bottom of the oven so the bases can crisp up or on a pizza stone. After around 30 minutes, or when they are crispy and golden, take out and scatter with rocket, some chilli oil, Maldon salt and some slices of Hass avocado.
Calories 562 Calories from Fat 172
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.7%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 8.4 mg2.8%
Sodium 438.9 mg18.3%
Total Carbohydrates 83 g27.7%
Dietary Fiber 9.9 g39.6%
Sugars 2.4 g
Protein 14 g28.4%
Vitamin A 37.6% Vitamin C 66.6%
Calcium 16.1% Iron 41.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet