|Dry yeast||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (Unbleached)|
|Whole wheat flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||5 Clove (25 gm)|
|Chopped basil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan||2 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped walnuts||1 Tablespoon|
|Red onions||1⁄2 Pound|
|Shredded part skim mozzarella||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. In a medium-size bowl stir together the yeast, sugar and 6 tablespoons of warm water (105-115°); set aside 5 minutes. Add the all-purpose flour, 5 tablespoons of the whole-wheat flour, the oil and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt, and mix well to form a dough.
2. Flour a work surface with 1 1/2 teaspoons of the whole-wheat flour and knead the dough 5 minutes. Rinse and dry the bowl. Place the dough in the bowl, cover with a damp kitchen towel and set aside to rise in a draft-free place 40 minutes, or until doubled in bulk.
3. Meanwhile, for the pesto, bring a small saucepan of water to a boil. Add the garlic cloves, and cook 5 minutes. Peel the garlic cloves and place them in a food processor or blender. Add the basil, Parmesan, walnuts, the remaining salt and 1/4 cup of water. Process the mixture 1 minute, or until thick and smooth; set aside.
4. Peel and trim the onions. Trim the eggplant and tomatoes. Cut the onions, eggplant and tomatoes into thin slices; set aside.
5. Preheat the oven to 500°.
6. Punch down the dough. Flour the work surface and a rolling pin with the remaining wholewheat flour and roll out the dough to a 12-inch round. Transfer it to a pizza pan or baking sheet and trimp the edges of the dough to form a rim. Spread the pesto evenly over the crust and top it with onions, eggplant and tomatoes. Sprinkle the pizza with mozzarella and bake 15 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly.