Pizza Neapolitan Style
|For pizza dough|
|Fresh yeast cake/1/2 package dry yeast||1⁄2 Ounce|
|Warm water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Unbleached flour/Imported semolina flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|For pizza filling|
|Chopped canned plum tomatoes/1 pound fresh ripe plum tomatoes, peeled, chopped, and slightly cooked in olive oil to soften, then drained||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), well drained (Italian Style)|
|Mozzarella cheese||1⁄2 Pound, shredded|
|Flat anchovy fillets||6 , cut into small pieces|
|Crumbled dried oregano/1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano||1 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1. Dissolve yeast in warm water.
2. Place flour and salt in food processor bowl with steel knife. Slowly add yeast, then olive oil, and process until dough forms into one or more balls. Remove dough and knead by hand for 5 minutes. Or, to make by hand, place flour in a mound on a clean smooth surface and make a well in the center. Add remaining ingredients in the well. Gather flour from sides with a fork or fingertips. Working with your hands, combine into a dough ball, then knead until soft and smooth, adding flour as necessary until texture is satiny, about 10 to 15 minutes.
3. Place dough in a large oiled bowl and turn to coat with oil. Cover with a damp towel or plastic wrap and place in a warm spot until doubled in size, about 2 hours.
4. Punch dough down and turn onto a floured smooth surface. Flatten and roll out to a 10- or 11-inch diameter circle about 1/4-inch thick, turning dough over occasionally as you roll. With fingertips, push dough toward edges, pinching up to make a rolled edge about twice as thick as the rest of the crust.
5. If the pizza will be cooked on a hot baking stone, place the dough on a floured wooden paddle or piece of heavy cardboard. Otherwise, place on a lightly floured baking sheet.
6. Just before you are ready to bake the pizza, lightly brush the dough with olive oil. Distribute tomatoes over the surface and sprinkle with the cheese. Add the anchovies, oregano, and seasonings.
7. Place the baking sheet in a hot 450° F oven. Or slide the pizza from the paddle or cardboard onto the hot stone. Bake until crust is golden and crisp and the cheese has melted, about 15 to 20 minutes.