|Ground beef||1⁄2 Pound|
|Chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped green pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|English muffins||6 , split|
|Canned tomato sauce||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Canned mushroom stems and pieces||4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Mozzarella cheese||4 Ounce, sliced (Low Fat / Part Skim)|
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Brown ground beef with onion, green pepper, and salt. Drain.
3. Split English muffins; spread with margarine. Place on baking sheet.
4. Mix tomato sauce with oregano. Spread on muffin halves (about 1 tablespoon each).
5. Sprinkle on mushrooms. Add meat mixture (about 2 tablespoons).
6. Cover with cheese. Heat about 15 minutes until cheese melts and muffin begins to brown.