Blueberry Dessert Pizza
|Active dry yeast||1⁄4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Warm water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Scalded milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soft butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||3 1⁄4 Cup (52 tbs)|
|Cream cheese filling||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
|Blueberry topping||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
1. Soften yeast in warm water; set aside.
2. Combine scalded milk, sugar, salt, and butter in a large bowl; cool to lukewarm.
3. Stir eggs, vanilla extract, and softened yeast into lukewarm milk mixture. Beat in enough flour to form a dough, beating well after each addition. Cover. Let rise in a warm place until doubled (about 1 hour).
4. Divide dough in half. Roll out each half on a lightly floured surface to form a round 1 inch larger than an inverted 13-inch pizza pan. Place each in a well-greased pizza pan. Fold edges under to form a standing rim; flute.
5. Spread half of filling over each pie. Drop topping onto cheese mixture by the teaspoonful. Let pizzas rise again, uncovered, until doubled (30 to 40 minutes).
6. Bake at 375°F 15 to 20 minutes, or until crust is brown. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar, if desired.