This pizza dough recipe can be made a few days in advance and left in the fridge until you are ready to use it. This is a basic lean dough that’s used for thin crust pizzas and is often associated with Neapolitan and New York style pizza.
270 Gram (100 degree F)
Active dry yeast
2 1⁄2 Teaspoon
High gluten flour
1 1⁄2 Teaspoon
1. In a small bowl, combine water, sugar, and yeast. Mix well and let it sit for 5-10 minutes.
2. Grease a bowl with olive oil and set it aside.
3. In a separate bowl, add flour and salt. Mix well.
4. In a large mixing bowl, combine dry and wet mixture. Using a mixer, knead just to combine. Let it rest for 5 minutes. Then, knead the dough for 5 minutes.
5. On lightly floured counter top, transfer the dough and knead well with your hands.
6. Into the greased bowl, place the dough and apply some olive oil on top of dough to prevent drying. Cover the bowl with damp cloth and keep it in a warm place to rise for 1- 1 ½ hours or until double in size.
7. Punch the dough to release the air, and transfer it to a lightly floured counter top. Knead again.
8. Cut dough into four equal half, put it in a ziplock pack and pop it in refrigerator for an hour.
9. Roll dough, top it with your favorite topping, bake and serve hot.
You can keep the dough into the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
A perfect lean pizza dough is most necessary requirement for a nice and crisp home-baked pizza. Don't miss this opportunity to learn the process of making the super pizza dough from an experienced chef. Watch the video and be an expert in homemade pizza.