Check out this fresh and easy pizza recipe. This is a BIG Honking Pizza with lots of toppings and delicious cheese! The best pizza is the one you make at home. Why waste time with the large chain pizza stores when the quality is not there. When you make a pizza recipe, you know the quality is there because you made it. The recipe is delicious and can be found below. Enjoy!
|Pizza dough||1 Pound|
|Red onion||1/2 Medium , cut into rings|
|Baby portobello mushrooms||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) , sliced thin|
|Fresh basil leaves||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Fresh baby spinach||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mozzarella cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Gorgonzola cheese||6 Ounce|
|For the pizza sauce:|
|Plum tomatoes||15 Ounce , crushed|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Dry basil||1 Tablespoon|
|Oregano bulb||1 Tablespoon (Greek)|
|Sugar||2 1/2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic granules||1 Teaspoon|
|Red pepper flakes||To Taste (optional)|
|Balsamic vinegar||To Taste (optional)|
1. Pre-heat the oven at 400 degrees.
For the sauce:
2. Cut up the whole plums tomatoes if using them or put the whole can of crushed tomatoes in a sauce pan.
3. Bring the tomatoes and all the juice from the can to a boil and reduce to a medium boil.
4. Then begin adding the rest of the ingredients in the list in no particular order.
5. Bring the mixture to a boil again and then reduce to a medium or low simmer to allow the sauce to reduce. I like my sauce nice and thick so it really sticks to the pizza dough so I go for about a 20% reduction in the sauce.
Notes: As a side note as I state in the video I made the sauce a day in advance because I really like the flavors to marry with each other and in the east coast where I come from that is the way we do it. To us the sauce always tastes better the next day. So that’s it for the sauce.
For Assembling the Pizza:
6. Roll out the dough to your desired size.
7. Add the toppings and bake it in the oven at 400 degrees for about 30 - 40 minutes.
8. Serve and Enjoy.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 2684Calories from Fat 1277
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 145 g223.1%
Saturated Fat 76 g380%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 8261 mg344.21%
Total Carbohydrates 229 g76.3%
Dietary Fiber 12 g48%
Sugars 27 g
Protein 139 g278%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet