Big Honking Pizza With Lots Of Toppings
|Pizza dough||1 Pound|
|Red onion||1⁄2 Medium, cut into rings|
|Baby portobello mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced thin|
|Fresh basil leaves||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Fresh baby spinach||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mozzarella cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Gorgonzola cheese||6 Ounce|
|For the pizza sauce:|
|Plum tomatoes||15 Ounce, crushed|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Dry basil||1 Tablespoon|
|Oregano bulb||1 Tablespoon (Greek)|
|Sugar||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic granules||1 Teaspoon|
|Red pepper flakes||To Taste (optional)|
|Balsamic vinegar||To Taste (optional)|
1. Pre-heat the oven at 400 degrees.
For the sauce:
2. Cut up the whole plums tomatoes if using them or put the whole can of crushed tomatoes in a sauce pan.
3. Bring the tomatoes and all the juice from the can to a boil and reduce to a medium boil.
4. Then begin adding the rest of the ingredients in the list in no particular order.
5. Bring the mixture to a boil again and then reduce to a medium or low simmer to allow the sauce to reduce. I like my sauce nice and thick so it really sticks to the pizza dough so I go for about a 20% reduction in the sauce.
Notes: As a side note as I state in the video I made the sauce a day in advance because I really like the flavors to marry with each other and in the east coast where I come from that is the way we do it. To us the sauce always tastes better the next day. So that’s it for the sauce.
For Assembling the Pizza:
6. Roll out the dough to your desired size.
7. Add the toppings and bake it in the oven at 400 degrees for about 30 - 40 minutes.
8. Serve & Enjoy.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2684 Calories from Fat 1277
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 145 g223.5%
Saturated Fat 76.3 g381.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 710.9 mg237%
Sodium 8261.6 mg344.2%
Total Carbohydrates 229 g76.3%
Dietary Fiber 12.8 g51.3%
Sugars 27.3 g
Protein 139 g278.3%
Vitamin A 203% Vitamin C 104.7%
Calcium 259.1% Iron 112.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet