Popcorn Shrimp Pita Envelopes
|Shredded romaine lettuce||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Red onion||1 , cut into juliennes|
|Red bell pepper||1 , cored, seeded and cut into juliennes|
|Diced mango||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Plain low fat yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lime juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped fresh mint||1 Tablespoon|
|Cucumber||1 , peeled, seeded and finely chopped|
|Popcorn shrimp||1 1⁄2 Pound (1 packet)|
|Pita bread pieces||4 , halved|
1. Pre heat an oven at 200 C (400 F).
2. Cook shrimps according to packaging instructions. Keep aside.
3. In a medium sized bowl, combine mango, onion, pepper and lettuce. Mix well and add shrimps. Mix well and keep aside.
4. In another medium sized bowl, combine cucumber, lime juice, mint and yoghurt. Mix well and refrigerate.
5. Once chilled, add to lettuce mixture and toss gently.
6. In pre heated oven, warm pita bread for 15 to 20 seconds or till warm enough.
7. Remove from oven and stuff each pita halves with enough stuffing.
8. Serve immediately.