Pita Wedges with Artichoke Relish
|Whole wheat pita bread rounds||4|
|Artichoke hearts||14 Ounce, drained and chopped (1 Can)|
|Diced pimiento||2 Ounce, drained (1 Jar)|
|Green onions||2 , thinly sliced|
|Freshly grated parmesan cheese||3 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Dried whole oregano||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. To prepare pita split each pita round in half crosswise and quarter each half, making 8 wedges.
3. Place on baking sheets, smooth side down and bake in the preheated oven for 8 minutes or until lightly browned.
4. Set aside in an airtight container.
5. In a medium bowl, stir well combining artichokes and next 8 ingredients.
6. With cover chill 8 hours or overnight.
7. Sprinkle artichoke relish with parsley and serve with reserved pita wedges.