Vegetarian Chickpea Pitas
|Chopped fresh dill||1 Tablespoon|
|Tahini||1 Tablespoon (sesame paste)|
|Sour cream||1 Tablespoon|
|Half and half||1 Tablespoon|
|Canned chickpeas||3 Ounce, rinsed and drained|
|Feta cheese||1 1⁄2 Ounce, crumbled|
|Pitas||4 Ounce, heated (2 pieces, 2 ounce each)|
|Lettuce||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
1) In a small mixing bowl, add the dill, tahini, sour cream, and half-and-half. Mix well.
2) Keep stirring until the mix is smooth and creamy.
3) To this, add chickpeas and feta cheese. Mix well.
4) Now, with a knife, cut each pita into half crosswise. This makes 4 halves.
5) Then, open each half to form a pocket.
6) To serve, fill each pita half with 1/4 cup lettuce, 1 tomato slice, and 1/4 cup of the chickpea mix. Serve fresh.