|Reduced calorie margarine||1 1⁄3 Tablespoon (1 Tablespoon Plus 1 Teaspoon, Tub One)|
|Turkey sausage||10 Ounce, cut into 1/2-inch pieces|
|Diced onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Diced green bell pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sauerkraut||1 Cup (16 tbs), drained, rinsed|
|Horseradish mustard/1/2 teaspoon each prepared horseradish and prepared mustard||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Pita breads||4 Ounce, each cut horizontally to form pocket (4 In Number, 1 Ounce Each)|
1) In a 9-inch skillet, saute the turkey sausage in the margarine for 2 minutes.
2) Stir in the onion and bell pepper and saute for about 2 minutes, until just tender.
3) Stir in the sauerkraut and horseradish mustard (or horseradish and mustard) and cook for about 4 minutes over a medium heat, stirring frequently, until thoroughly heated.
4) Allow the mixture to slightly cool, then stuff each pita pocket with 1/2 of the sausage mixture.
5) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.
Calories 226 Calories from Fat 73
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.6%
Saturated Fat 1.8 g8.9%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 53.2 mg17.7%
Sodium 902.5 mg37.6%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g6.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.1%
Sugars 2.3 g
Protein 17 g33.2%
Vitamin A 6% Vitamin C 36.5%
Calcium 5.6% Iron 10.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet