|6 inch pita breads||4|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Yogurt slather||4 Tablespoon (Zesty)|
|Pastrami||4 Ounce, thinly sliced|
|Ripe tomatoes||6 , thin sliced|
|Red onion||1⁄2 Small, thinly slivered|
|Oregano||2 Teaspoon, dried|
|Fresh mint leaves/Flat-leaf parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Black pepper||To Taste, coarsely ground|
|Red bell peppers||2 , halved lengthwise and roasted|
1) Cut 4 waxed papers 12 inches long, then fold each piece into half lengthwise into 12 x 6 inches.
2) In a non-stick skillet, brush the pita breads with olive oil and cook over a medium heat, flattening them with a spatula for about 1 minute per side, until just golden but still soft.
3) Place each pita on a folded piece of the waxed paper and spread 1 tablespoon of the yogurt slather on one side of each pita bread.
4) Place the meat, tomato, onion, oregano and mint evenly over the pitas breads. Sprinkle with pepper and top each with bell pepper half.
5) Roll up the pitas with their fillings in the waxed paper, with the top 1/3 of the sandwich uncovered.
6) Serve rolled up in the paper immediately.