Lean Pork Pitas
|Pork tenderloin||8 Ounce|
|Dijon mustard||2 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Dried oregano||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cucumber||1 , peeled and diced|
|Non fat sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dried dill||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Red onion||1 , thinly sliced into rounds|
|Green pepper||1 , thinly sliced|
|Pita breads||4 , halved|
|Spinach||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
1) Across the grain, cut the pork into cutlets of about ½-inch each. Then cut each piece into thin strips.
2) Combine together the oil, mustard, lemon juice, oregano and garlic in a large bowl.
3) Add the pork pieces. Toss well so that the meat is coated properly. Allow to stand for about 10 minutes.
4) Combine together the sour cream, dill and cucumber in a small bowl.
5) Place in the fridge till required.
6) Serve as preferred.
Calories 158 Calories from Fat 30
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g5.3%
Saturated Fat 0.67 g3.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 21 mg7%
Sodium 189.2 mg7.9%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.4%
Sugars 2.2 g
Protein 10 g19.5%
Vitamin A 11.5% Vitamin C 31.8%
Calcium 8.3% Iron 6.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet