Village Salad With Grilled Pita Bread
|Vine ripe tomato||3 , cut into chunks|
|Red onion||1 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Seedless cucumber||1⁄2 , cut into bite size chunks (European)|
|Red bell pepper||1 Small, seeded and chunked|
|Green bell pepper||1 Small, seeded and chunked|
|Kalamata olives||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Black Variety)|
|Fresh flat leaf parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped for a couple handfuls|
|Greek feta cheese||1⁄2 Pound, sliced (Imported)|
|Extra-virgin olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (A Couple Glugs)|
|Red wine vinegar||3 Tablespoon (3 Splashes)|
|Dried oregano||1 Teaspoon, crushed in palm of your hand|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Coarse salt||To Taste|
1. In a large bowl combine vegetables, olives and parsley.
2. On top of the salad, rest sliced feta cheese.
3. In a small plastic container combine oil, vinegar and oregano with a lid.
4. Combine oil and vinegar by shaking vigorously to and pour over salad and cheese.
5. Seasoning with salt and pepper let the salad marinate until ready to serve.