Village Salad With Grilled Pita Bread
|Vine ripe tomato||3 , cut into chunks|
|Red onion||1 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Seedless cucumber||1⁄2 , cut into bite size chunks (European)|
|Red bell pepper||1 Small, seeded and chunked|
|Green bell pepper||1 Small, seeded and chunked|
|Kalamata olives||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Black Variety)|
|Fresh flat leaf parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped for a couple handfuls|
|Greek feta cheese||1⁄2 Pound, sliced (Imported)|
|Extra-virgin olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (A Couple Glugs)|
|Red wine vinegar||3 Tablespoon (3 Splashes)|
|Dried oregano||1 Teaspoon, crushed in palm of your hand|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Coarse salt||To Taste|
1. In a large bowl combine vegetables, olives and parsley.
2. On top of the salad, rest sliced feta cheese.
3. In a small plastic container combine oil, vinegar and oregano with a lid.
4. Combine oil and vinegar by shaking vigorously to and pour over salad and cheese.
5. Seasoning with salt and pepper let the salad marinate until ready to serve.
Calories 417 Calories from Fat 321
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g54.7%
Saturated Fat 6 g30.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 20 mg6.7%
Sodium 1215.9 mg50.7%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g5.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.7%
Sugars 6.1 g
Protein 12 g24%
Vitamin A 58.9% Vitamin C 131.8%
Calcium 16.9% Iron 8.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet