Vegetarian Pita Pick Ups
|Red bell pepper||1 Small, thinly sliced|
|Carrot||1 , peeled and shredded|
|Plain non-fat yogurt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pita bread pockets||3|
|Crumbled bleu cheese||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped red onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Half cucumbers lengthwise and then slice crosswise into thin pieces.
2. Take a small bowl, add cucumber pieces along with bell pepper, yogurt and carrot and mix well.
3. Add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Halve pita breads crosswise and place a lettuce leave into each of the halves.
5. Using a teaspoon, stuff each pita half with 1/3rd cup vegetable-yogurt mixture.
6. Place blue cheese along with red onion atop the mixture.
7. Serve immediately.
Calories 200 Calories from Fat 35
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.7%
Saturated Fat 1.8 g9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 12.3 mg4.1%
Sodium 481.9 mg20.1%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.8%
Sugars 5.7 g
Protein 10 g20.6%
Vitamin A 125.7% Vitamin C 99.9%
Calcium 12% Iron 7.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet