Easy Mushroom Pita Pockets
|White mushrooms||12 Ounce, sliced|
|Cucumbers||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Red peppers||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Green onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Cheddar cheese||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), shredded (optional)|
|Low fat italian dressing/Herbs dressing||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1. In a wide bowl, put in the mushrooms.
2. Next add in the cucumbers, red bell peppers, the green onions and the cheddar cheese.
3. Then add in the italian or herb dressing and mix all the ingredients well.
4. Arrange the lettuce leaves in the pita pockets.
5. Now fill the stuffing into the pita pockets.
6. This can be served with a ketchup or any sauce of your choice.
White mushrooms can be substituted by brown mushrooms.
For the vegetables, celery and green bell peppers can be used.
Instead of the cheddar cheese, low fat cheese can be used.
Calories 335 Calories from Fat 100
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.3%
Saturated Fat 3.6 g17.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 14.3 mg4.8%
Sodium 758.1 mg31.6%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g16%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.6%
Sugars 1.9 g
Protein 12 g23.6%
Vitamin A 27.1% Vitamin C 28.1%
Calcium 10.9% Iron 12.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet