|For the pillows :|
|All-purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|For the filling :|
|Granulated sugar||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Canned crushed pineapple||20 Ounce, undrained (1 Can)|
|Peanut oil/Salad oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
|For the filling|
|Confectioners sugar||1 Tablespoon|
To make pillows:
1. Into medium bowl, sift flour with baking powder and salt.
2. Using two knives, cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse meal.
3. Add water and mix well to form a soft dough.
4. On lightly floured pastry cloth, knead dough until smooth, cover with bowl and let it stand for 20 minutes.
To make filling:
5. In a medium saucepan, combine granulated sugar and cornstarch.
6. Stir in pineapple with a wooden spoon and cook mixture over medium heat, stirring, until boiling.
7. Boil 1 minute, stirring constantly and set aside to cool.
8. Divide dough into four parts.
9. Flour a pastry cloth lightly roll each part into a rectangle 8 inches long, 4 inches wide and 1/4 inch thick.
10. Cut each rectangle into four pieces (4 inches by 2 inches) and move to edge of pastry cloth.
11. In deep skillet, slowly heat peanut oil (at least 2 inches) to 375f on deep-frying thermometer.
12. Fry gently dropping dough pieces, three or four at a time until puffy for about 1 minute.
13. Turn and brown other side, lift from oil with slotted utensil, lift from oil and drain well on paper towels.
14. Into the hot pillows, with a sharp knife, make a slit along one long side and one short side of each.
15. Gently lift up tops and fill each with a slightly rounded tablespoon of the filling.
16. Sprinkle tops with sifted confectioners' sugar and serve warm.