Fruited Pineapple Boats
|Pineapple||1 Large (with top)|
|Fresh strawberries||1 Pint, hulled (1 container)|
|Sweet cherries with stems||1⁄2 Pound (1 cup)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Cider vinegar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Onion juice/Finely grated onion||1 Tablespoon|
|Poppy seeds||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
1) Using a large sharp knife, cut pineapple, with top, in half vertically.
2) Take small sharp knife, cut pineapple fruit from both halves to male two pineapple boats.
3) Cut away and discard core from pineapple and cut it into pineapple into 1 -inch chunks.
4) Pare kiwi and cut each into 8 wedges. Similarly, pare cantaloupe, and cut in half. Scoop out flesh and discard seeds and cut fruit into 1-inch chunks.
5) In a large bowl, mix all fruits gently.
6) Use half of the mixture to fill pineapple boats. Cover and refrigerate remaining fruit to be used to refill boats.
7) Make Poppy-Seed Dipping Sauce- Take a medium bowl, mix sugar, mustard, salt, vinegar and onion juice.
8) Take a portable electric mixer or rotary beater and mix oil until mixture is thick and smooth. Add poppy seeds.
9) Place the filled pineapple boats on serving dish and stick about 15 decorative wooden picks into base of each frond to use in spearing fruit.
10) Serve with Poppy-Seed Dipping Sauce.
Calories 499 Calories from Fat 27
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g5%
Saturated Fat 0.37 g1.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 421.8 mg17.6%
Total Carbohydrates 123 g41%
Dietary Fiber 12.2 g48.8%
Sugars 100.1 g
Protein 6 g12.1%
Vitamin A 116.5% Vitamin C 590.5%
Calcium 16.9% Iron 15.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet