Miniature Yule Logs
|Candied pineapple||12 Ounce, chopped (3 Jars Of 4 Ounce Each)|
|Candied orange peel||12 Ounce, chopped (3 Jars Of 4 Ounce Each)|
|Flaked coconut||3 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Golden raisins||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Macadamia nuts/Pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs), coarsely chopped|
|Cake flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1 Stick)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pineapple juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 275°F.
2) Lightly grease twelve 6-ounce aluminum fruit-juice cans and dust with flour.
3) In a large bowl place together pineapple, orange peel, coconut, raisins, and nuts.
4) Stir in lightly flour, baking powder, and salt in the fruit mixture.
5) In a bowl, beat together, butter or margarine and sugar until fluffy.
6) While still beating beat in eggs, one at a time, until fluffy, stream in pineapple juice.
7) Fold the egg mixture with flour mixture, until well mixed.
8) Transfer the flour mixture into the cans, until 1/2 full and pressing down firmly with spoon to make top even.
9) In a large shallow pan, place the cans, without touching, for easy handling.
10) Bake in the oven for 1 hour, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
11) Let the cakes, cool completely in pans on wire racks.
12) Using knife loosen the cake around the edges and turn out immediately onto wire rack.
13) When ready to serve, frost with pineapple glaze.
14) Garnish with colored candied pineapple in designs of your choice.
Calories 1169 Calories from Fat 426
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 48 g73.1%
Saturated Fat 22.9 g114.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 181.3 mg60.4%
Sodium 343.9 mg14.3%
Total Carbohydrates 179 g59.8%
Dietary Fiber 18.8 g75.1%
Sugars 94.4 g
Protein 18 g36.4%
Vitamin A 17.4% Vitamin C 146.8%
Calcium 26.6% Iron 18.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet