Tropical Pineapple Delight
|Unsweetened crushed pineapple||20 Ounce|
|Unflavored gelatin||1 (1 Envelope)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Instant non fat dry milk||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Ice water||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon, squeezed|
|Flaked unsweetened coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Drain the pineapple and reserve the juice.
2) In a medium saucepan, add 1 cup of reserved juice, adding water to make 1 cup if needed.
3) Soften the gelatin in the juice for 5 minutes, then stir over a low heat until the gelatin is dissolved.
4) Remove from heat and stir in the crushed pineapple and vanilla extract.
5) Refrigerate for about 1 hour until just thickened.
6) In a large bowl, beat the nonfat dry milk and ice water together for about 4 minutes until soft peaks form.
7) Beat in the lemon juice and honey until stiff peaks form.
8) Fold in the flaked coconut and pineapple mixture, mix thoroughly.
9) Spoon the mixture equally in 8 dessert glasses and refrigerate until set.
10) Serve the Tropical Pineapple Delight chilled.