1) From the pineapple chunks, drain the syrup.
2) Add vinegar, sugar and mint flakes to the syrup and mix well.
3) Stir well to dissolve the sugar and bring the mixture to a boil.
4) Cover the mixture and gently simmer for 10 minutes.
5) Take the mixture off the heat, keep covered and set it aside to cool.
6) Strain in order to remove all the mint flakes.
7) Add ¼ teaspoon of red or green food color to the liquid and stir well.
8) Add the pineapple chunks.
9) In a covered dish or a jar, store the preparation in the refrigerator.
10) The Tinted Minted Pineapple can be served or used as and when required. Makes a tasty and attractive garnish for meats, specifically lamb.