Pineapple Stuffed Acorn Squash
|Acorn squash||2 Medium, cut into half lengthwise|
|Nonfat cottage cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Crushed pineapple||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), well drained and crushed|
|Minced parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Minced scallions||1 Tablespoon|
1) From the squash halves, discard the seeds.
2) In a 7X11 inch baking dish, place the halves, cut side facing down.
3) Microwave the squash on high for 3 minutes.
4) Now, rearrange the pieces and microwave again on high for 4 minutes. Check if the pieces can be easily pierced with a fork.
5) Now, flip the pieces to make the cut sides face up.
6) Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together the cottage cheese, pineapple, parsley and scallions.
7) Into each squash half, spoon this mixture evenly.
8) You can microwave the stuffed squash on high for 1 minute so that the filling turns slightly hot.
9) Before serving, cut a thin slice from the bottom of the squash shells so that the shells sit firmly on a plate. Serve fresh.