Flaming Baked Pineapple
|Almond macaroons||1 Cup (16 tbs), crumbled|
|Slivered almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Bananas||3 Medium, sliced|
|Dried apricots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Apricot jam||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Shredded coconut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brandy||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven moderate to 350°F.
2) Halve pineapple lengthwise and leave the green leaves on each half.
3) Scoop out pineapple pulp from shells. Remove the core.
4) Chop pineapple coarsely and drain thoroughly.
5) In a bowl mix pineapple, macaroon crumbs, almonds, bananas, apricots, cherries, and jam.
6) Spoon the mixture in shells.
7) Transfer in a shallow baking pan.
8) Seal fruit and leaves with aluminum foil.
9) Bake for 30 minutes.
10) Remove the foil. Sprinkle coconut over fruit and bake 15 minutes longer.
11) Put it on a serving dish.
12) Heat brandy, ignite, and pour over fruit while flaming.