Pineapple Stuffed Yams
|Yams||12 Ounce, well scrubbed and baked (2 In Number, 6 Ounce Each)|
|Margarine||1 1⁄3 Tablespoon (1 Tablespoon Plus 1 Teaspoon)|
|Pineapple||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), crushed|
|Canned unsweetened crushed pineapple||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Apple pie spice||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Or To Taste)|
1) Set the oven temperature to 400 Â°F before baking.
2) Half each yam lengthwise.
3) Into a mixing bowl, hollow out pulp, saving firm shells.
4) Puree pulp until smooth and then mix in margarine.
5) Stir in crushed pineapple, apple pie spice, and salt to combine.
6) Pour 1/4 of yam mixture into each reserved shell, mounding mixture.
7) In a shallow baking pan, set stuffed shells and bake for about 15 minutes until thoroughly heated.
8) Change oven control to broil and broil yams for about 3 minutes until slightly browned.
9) Serve at once.
Calories 183 Calories from Fat 26
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.5%
Saturated Fat 0.52 g2.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 55.7 mg2.3%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.6%
Dietary Fiber 5.3 g21.3%
Sugars 3.2 g
Protein 2 g4.1%
Vitamin A 6% Vitamin C 47.6%
Calcium 2.9% Iron 4.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet