|Strawberries||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), halved|
|Fruit sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Strawberry sherbet||1 Pint|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to 450°F before broiling.
2) Quarter pineapples lengthwise right through the green leaves.
3) Core and slice fruit in small pieces.
4) Cover pineapple and strawberries with rum and fruit sugar and chill in refrigerator.
5) In a foil, wrap the green leaves and arrange the shells on a cookie sheet in refrigerator.
6) On a waxed paper, scoop 4 balls of sherbet and freeze.
7) Beat egg whites and slowly add in sugar and salt to form a stiff meringue just two hours before serving.
8) In the chilled shells, spoon partially drained pineapple and strawberries.
9) Top with a scoop of sherbet and freeze it after covering completely with meringue.
10) Immediately before serving, broil this for 4 minutes in preheated oven until lightly browned.
11) Peel off the foil from leaves and serve at once.