Pineapple Stuffed Acorn Squash
|Acorn squash||2 Medium|
|Non fat cottage cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pineapple||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), well-drained, crushed|
|Fresh parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), minced|
|Scallions||1 Tablespoon, minced|
1. Preheat the microwave.
2. Slice the squash lengthwise into two halves and scoop out the seeds. Discard.
3. Take a 7" X 11" baking dish and arrange the cut side down.
4. Put in the microwave on high flame for at least 3 minutes.
5. Then, rearrange the pieces.
6. Put it again in the microwave for 4 minutes on high flame. Check the done while piercing it with a fork.
7. Now, flip the pieces to get the cut sides upwards.
8. Take a small bowl and mix together cottage cheese, pineapple, parsley and scallions.
9. Now fill in the mixture in the squash cavities.
10. If needed, place the stuffed squash in microwave on high for 1 minute.
11. Serve in a serving dish.