Baked Beans And Pineapple
|Bacon||1⁄2 Pound, diced|
|Onions||2 Medium, chopped (Peeled)|
|Baked navy beans||36 Ounce (2 18-Oz. Jars Or Cans)|
|Dry mustard||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Crushed pineapple||1 Ounce|
|Chili sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Heat a small skillet over a high flame and sauté the bacon to render fat.
2. Add the onion to the bacon and drippings and sauté both and until bacon is golden and crisp.
3. Drain off the fat from the skillet.
4. Tip the bacon and onions from the skillet into a slow-cooker or a crock pot.
5. Add and stir in the remaining ingredients.
6. Cover the pot with its lid
7. Slow cook the beans on HIGH for about 4 hours or if you are not in a hurry, cook on LOW for about 8 hours.
8. Spoon into a serving dish and serve hot as a side dish or use as required.
Calories 179 Calories from Fat 48
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g8.8%
Saturated Fat 1.8 g9.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 10 mg3.3%
Sodium 354.7 mg14.8%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g6.9%
Dietary Fiber 6.9 g27.7%
Sugars 9.2 g
Protein 11 g22.8%
Vitamin A 0.7% Vitamin C 7.4%
Calcium 1.1% Iron 1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet