Baked Pineapple Alaska
|Vanilla ice cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1 Scoop)|
1. Preheat oven to 550 degrees.
2. Prepare the pineapple by cutting it and crown in half lengthwise.
3. Scoop out pineapple meat while leaving 1-inch shell.
4. Cut meat coarsely and set aside to chill. Chill pineapple halves.
5. Add salt to egg whites; beat until frothy. Add sugar gradually and continue beating till stiff.
6. Fill pineapple halves with ice cream; top with chopped pineapple.
7. Spread meringue on top, sealing edges. Bake for 3 minutes or until meringue is golden and peaks are brown.
8. Serve immediately
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1091 Calories from Fat 129
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g22.2%
Saturated Fat 8.2 g41.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 52.8 mg17.6%
Sodium 733.9 mg30.6%
Total Carbohydrates 238 g79.2%
Dietary Fiber 13.5 g54%
Sugars 205.1 g
Protein 19 g37.1%
Vitamin A 20.6% Vitamin C 722.2%
Calcium 27.9% Iron 15.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet