Baked Pineapple Alaska
|Vanilla ice cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1 Scoop)|
1. Preheat oven to 550 degrees.
2. Prepare the pineapple by cutting it and crown in half lengthwise.
3. Scoop out pineapple meat while leaving 1-inch shell.
4. Cut meat coarsely and set aside to chill. Chill pineapple halves.
5. Add salt to egg whites; beat until frothy. Add sugar gradually and continue beating till stiff.
6. Fill pineapple halves with ice cream; top with chopped pineapple.
7. Spread meringue on top, sealing edges. Bake for 3 minutes or until meringue is golden and peaks are brown.
8. Serve immediately