Broiled Pineapple Dessert
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Rum||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Preheat the broiler to High.
2) Slice the pineapple into four parts lengthwise through the green crown of leaves.
3) Take out the core with a sharp knife and loosen the flesh.
4) Cover each crown with a foil.
5) Place the pineapple quarters in the broiler pan.
6) Add 1 tablespoon sugar and butter to each quarter.
7) Broil until the pineapple is heated through for about 4-5 minutes.
8) Take off the pineapple from the broiler and transfer to dishes by removing the foil.
9) Take a small saucepan and pour rum into it.
10) Heat it gently, and then remove from the heat.
11) Set light to it immediately.
12) Moment the flames come down, pour the rum over the pineapple with any juice from the broiler pan.
13) Serve the dessert immediately.