Pineapple Spice Drop Cookies
|Sifted regular all purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Double acting baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Soft shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Packed brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Egg||1 , unbeaten|
|Canned crushed pineapple||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), drained|
1. Start heating oven to 375Â°F.
2. Sift flour with baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
3. In large bowl, mix shortening with granulated sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and egg until creamy. Blend in pineapple, then blend in flour mixture.
4. Drop, by rounded tablespoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto ungreased cookie sheets.
5. Bake 12 to 15 minutes, or until lightly browned. Makes about 3 1/2 dozen.