Pineapple Spice Drop Cookies
|Sifted regular all purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Double acting baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Soft shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Packed brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Egg||1 , unbeaten|
|Canned crushed pineapple||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), drained|
1. Start heating oven to 375Â°F.
2. Sift flour with baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
3. In large bowl, mix shortening with granulated sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and egg until creamy. Blend in pineapple, then blend in flour mixture.
4. Drop, by rounded tablespoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto ungreased cookie sheets.
5. Bake 12 to 15 minutes, or until lightly browned. Makes about 3 1/2 dozen.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2842 Calories from Fat 981
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 111 g170.9%
Saturated Fat 28.3 g141.4%
Trans Fat 13.5 g
Cholesterol 211.5 mg70.5%
Sodium 3815.3 mg159%
Total Carbohydrates 435 g145.1%
Dietary Fiber 12 g48%
Sugars 236 g
Protein 33 g66%
Vitamin A 5.3% Vitamin C 2.1%
Calcium 59.2% Iron 81%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet