1. Clean the rice in cold water and then drain.
2. In a large pot melt butter and add onions sauté for 15 minutes or until onion becomes translucent in color.
3. Add the cinnamon, the cloves and lastly the rice, fry the rice foe few minutes and then add the broth enough so that the rice is covered, cover it with lid and cook for 18-20 minutes.
4. Check after 15 minute ensures that it’s not dry, after 18 minutes the rice should be cooked.
5. Serve the rice along with a nice gravy dish.
You can also cook the rice in the oven. Do everything the same, but after you add the broth, cover the pot and put it in an oven at 350F for about 18-20 minutes according to the type of rice you're using.
There are tons of variations, you can use different spices as well.
we'll be making rice pilaf. Rice pilaf has its origins in Turkish cuisine but it's used throughout middle-eastern cooking. It's a perfect side dish for meat, fish or vegetables and can be used as a filling as well.