Brown Rice And Wild Rice Pilaf
|Wild rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pepitas||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Roasted)|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon (2 tablespoon each for cooking wild rice and brown rice)|
|Baby portabella mushrooms||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped|
|Onion||1 , diced|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm), minced|
|Sage||1 Tablespoon, ground|
|Salt & pepper||To Taste|
|Red chilly flakes||To Taste|
|Chicken broth||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. Add olive oil to sauce pan and add brown rice,get brown rice hot and totally coated with the oil.
2. Season with some salt and black pepper to the rice and mix it in well.
3. Cook brown rice in sauce pan according to instructions using chicken stock.
4. In another sauce pot, add some oil.
5. Pop in the wild rice to the sauce pot and mix well. Coat the wild rice with oil.
6. Season with some salt and pepper to the wild rice.
7. Cook wild rice in sauce pan according to package instructions using water.
8. In a large skillet cook the chicken thighs skin side down to caramelize them.
9. When the rice is done leave the lids on the sauce pots.
10.When the chicken is cooked take out of skillet and put in oven at 200 degrees to keep it warm.
11.Pop in salted or unsalted butter to skillet and melt it down.
12.Add chopped mushrooms , onion , garlic to the large skillet and cook 1 to 2 minutes.
13.Once veggies are sweated down add 1 cup of brown rice and one cup of wild rice to the skillet.
14. Add your oregano, crushed chilly flakes, ground sage now and mix in well and lastly pop in the roasted pepitas and cook for 10 minutes until done.
15.Plate the pilaf with the warm chicken and serve.