Fruit And Vegetable Rice Pilaf
|Raisins||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Uncooked regular rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Poultry seasoning||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Carrot||1 , scraped and diced|
|Cooking apple||1 , chopped|
|Celery stalk||1 , thinly sliced|
|Toasted slivered almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) In a pot, add raisins and water.
2) Place a lid over and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, till the raisins soften.
3) Drain and keep aside.
4) In a saucepan, add in the next 6 ingredients and mix.
5) Place a lid and allow to boil.
6) Lower the heat and allow to simmer for 15 minutes.
7) Turn off the heat, and stir in carrot, apple, celery, almonds, and raisins.
8) Cover the pan, and allow to stand for 5 minutes.
9) Garnish with thin apple wedges and serve.