|Cooked lamb||8 Ounce|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm) (small)|
|Uncooked long grain rice||3 Ounce|
|Celery||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Green pepper||2 Tablespoon, diced|
|Stock/Water and chicken stock cube||1 1⁄4 Pint|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Marrow||1 , diced, unpeeled (Young, zucchini or courgette)|
|Cheese||2 Ounce, grated|
1. Cut the cooked lamb into neat squares.
2. On a chopping board, chop garlic and onion.
3. In a large saucepan, melt butter or margarine.
4. Add lamb, rice, onion, celery, green pepper and garlic.
5. Let it cook until the rice turns golden in colour. Keep stirring regularly.
6. Add stock, Worcestershire sauce and seasonings. Bring it to the boil while stirring continuously.
7. Cover the saucepan with a lid and cook over a very low flame for 20 minutes. Check the contents once or twice to ensure that rice is not absorbing too much liquid.
8. Add diced marrow. Cover and cook it for 10 more minutes so that you have a moist but not too wet mixture.
9. To serve Zucchini Pilaf, top it with grated cheese.
Calories 432 Calories from Fat 200
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.4%
Saturated Fat 12.4 g62.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 108.1 mg36%
Sodium 1138.1 mg47.4%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.3%
Sugars 6.3 g
Protein 29 g58.2%
Vitamin A 11.4% Vitamin C 51.7%
Calcium 17.4% Iron 14.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet