Barley Pilaf cooked in Consomme
|Onions||2 , minced|
|Mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound, chopped|
|Pot barley||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Consomme||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Take a large frying pan and melt 2 tbsp of butter in it.
3. Stir in mushrooms and onions, and cook over high heat until the mushrooms and onions brown. Keep on stirring during the cooking time.
4. Spoon out the vegetables from the pan and browned butter.
5. Soften the remaining 2 tbsp of butter.
6. Stir in barley and cook over medium heat until the grains get nutty brown in color.
7. Stir in mushrooms and onion and combine well.
8. Spoon the mixture into the casserole and add some salt and consomme.
9. Cover the casserole and bake for about 45- 55 minutes. If required then put some hot water over the casserole during the cooking period.
10. Serve the barley pilaf hot with fish or meat dish.