Lentil Wheat Pilaf
|Red lentils||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), rinsed|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Small onion||1 , chopped|
|Sliced mushrooms||1⁄4 Pound|
|Quick cooking cracked wheat||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Unflavored yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sliced green onions||1 Tablespoon, including of the tops|
1. In a saucepan add lentils, water, and salt.
2. Cover and boil the mixture.
3. Simmer for 20 minutes and reserve.
4. In a 10-inch frying pan heat oil over medium heat.
5. Add onion, mushrooms, and wheat and saute for 5 minutes.
6. Add lentils and water over wheat. Boil covered and simmer for 15 minutes.
7. Serve with yogurt and green onions on top.