European Microwaved Rice Pilaf
|Onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finley diced|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), minced|
|Celery||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), diced|
|Long grain rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned chicken broth/Bouillon crystals and water||14 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Canned mushrooms||4 Ounce, sliced (1 Can)|
1. In a 2" quart glass casserole, add butter, onion, parsley and celery.
2. Microwave on high for 3-4 minutes. Stirring it once.
3. Add rice, salt, chicken broth, water and undrained mushrooms. Mix it well.
4. Keep it covered and microwave on high for 10-12 minutes. Rotate dish 1/4 turn halfway through cooking. Check whether rice is tender, if not re-cook for 1-3 minutes longer with cover.
5. Keep it aside to cool with the cover on for 5-10 minutes.
6. Serve Rice Pilaf with any chicken dish.