|Lean boneless lamb||1 1⁄2 Pound, cut into small cubes (675 Gram)|
|Onion||1 Large, finely chopped|
|Green pepper||1 Large, seeded and finely chopped|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Flaked almonds||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon, browned in oil|
|Garlic clove||2 Large|
|Long grain rice||8 Ounce, washed and drained (225 Grams)|
|Robust red wine||1 Pint (600 Milliliter)|
|Black olives||2 Ounce, pitted (1/4 Cup)|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Coriander leaves||4 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Lemon||1 , cut into 8 wedges|
1. In a wok, heat oil.
2. Once hot, add garlic and lamb. Mix well and sautÃ© till evenly browned from all sides.
3. Add pepper, onions, bay leaf, cinnamon and rice and mix well. SautÃ© on a medium flame till the grains just start to change colour.
4. Reduce flame, add wine and mix well.
5. On a medium flame, bring to boil.
6. Cover wok with lid, reduce flame and simmer for 10 minutes.
7. Add olives and cover wok with lid. Do not mix.
8. Cook for 5 to 10 more minutes or till rice is cooked and is moist.
9. Add coriander and mix once.
10. Sprinkle lemon wedges with paprika and keep aside.
11. Transfer pilaf on to a platter and top with almonds. Place lemon wedges around rice and serve immediately.