Wild Rice And Apple Cider Pilaf
|Unsweetened apple cider||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Wild rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||6 Tablespoon|
|Almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon, freshly ground|
|Nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon, freshly grated|
1) In a large nonreactive saucepan, pour in cider and 1 1/2 cups of water.
2) Place over high heat and bring the liquid to a boil.
3) Lower the heat to moderately low and add the wild rice.
4) Simmer for 30 to 40 minutes, covered, until the rice is tender but still firm.
5) Strain the rice and discard the cooking liquid.
6) In a large skillet, add butter and melt over moderate heat.
7) SautÃ© almonds and raisins in hot butter for 5 minutes, or until the almonds are lightly browned.
8) Season the mixture with salt, pepper, cinnamon and nutmeg.
9) Stir in the wild rice and cook until warmed through, about 1 minute.
10) Serve the rice hot with your choice of side dish.