Herb Steamed Mussels With Rice Pilaf
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped onions||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Long grain white rice/Basmati rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dried oregano||1 Teaspoon|
|Chicken stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Mussels||24 , scrubbed and debearded|
|Carrot||1 Large, julienned|
|Snow peas||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Finely chopped parsley||1 Teaspoon|
1) In a large skillet, heat the oil and sautÃ© the onions and garlic, for 5 minutes.
2) Add the rice, salt and oregano stir for 3 minutes.
3) Add the stock and bring to a boil.
4) Simmer for 20 minutes.
5) Add the mussels and carrots.
6) Loosely cover the pan with foil.
7) When the mussels begin to open, add the snow peas.
8) Cover and simmer for 6 minutes until the mussels are fully open.
9) Discard any mussels that don't open.
10) Serve hot garnished with parsley.