Savory Rice Pilaf
|Long grain white rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Stock||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Apple juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Large, diced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Dried thyme||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Mix the rice and oil in a saucepan and stir over medium heat for about 5 minutes or until the rice is golden brown.
2. Add the stock, apple juice, onion, garlic, lemon juice, and thyme and bring it to boil.
3. Reduce the heat to low, cover the pan, and simmer for about 20 minutes or until all the liquid has been absorbed and the rice are tender.
4. Serve the pilaf hot to get the best taste.
5. Fluff with a fork before serving.