Toasted Grain Pilaf
|Quinoa/Millet -2 cups / amaranth 2 cups / mixed 2 cups||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chicken stock/4 cups vegetable stock||4 Cup (64 tbs) (Or More As Required)|
|Sun-dried tomatoes||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Dried In Package, Not Oil)|
|Boiling purified water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Zucchini||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shredded|
|Yellow summer squash||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shredded|
|Red bell pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), minced|
|Scallions/1/4 cup green onions, chopped||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Curry powder||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
1. In a large saucepan placed in low heat, add the grains and stirring constantly, toss for just 1 minute or until they turn light brown.
2. Blend in curry powder, stir, take off from heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
3. Add the stock to the mixture and bring it to boil.
4. Add more stock, if required and cook for 5 more minutes or until the millet has absorbed the liquid completely.
5. Soak dried tomatoes in boiling water for 15 minutes, drain and reserve the liquid, and chop the tomatoes.
6. In a small skillet on low heat, mix chopped tomatoes with zucchini, squash, red pepper, scallions, and reserved liquid. Cook until the liquid has almost been absorbed.
7. Add to cooked grain and toss to mix everything. Adjust salt, if required
9. Using a fork, fluff Toasted Grain Pilaf and serve with Tomato Ketchup.